This site is intended for US healthcare providers

Buy & Bill
Reimbursement Information
Information on how to submit a reimbursement claim to the patient's insurance provider

Instructions for submitting claims

Step 1: Collect any out-of-pocket costs from the patient

INSUPPORT™ will provide a written Final Benefit Summary to the HCP office and the patient, based on the details communicated by the insurance provider, which will include an estimate of the cost for SUBLOCADE™ (buprenorphine extended-release) injection, for subcutaneous use (CIII) that the patient will be responsible to cover. This portion of the medication cost should be collected from the patient.

Step 2: Submit the claim form

Following administration of SUBLOCADE to the patient, submit a claim to the patient's insurance provider. INSUPPORT™ can provide you with billing and coding information.

Information about billing for specialty injectables


Step 3: Reimbursement

If the claim is approved, the patient's insurance provider should provide payment to the HCP office.

Step 4: Submit for patient copay assistance*

For patients enrolled in the INSUPPORT™ Copay Assistance Program, submit the paid claim and an itemized explanation of payments (EOP) to INSUPPORT™ for the processing of the patient's copay assistance benefits.

Addressing claim denials

A: Identify the reason for the claim denial

If your claim is denied by the patient's insurance provider, you will be notified of the reason why either by INSUPPORT™ or by the insurance provider.

Some of the common reasons for denial include:

  • Incomplete or inaccurate information
  • Lack of prior authorization
  • Diagnosis and procedure coding errors and omissions
  • Insufficient medical necessity
B: Request Denied Claim Research from INSUPPORT

INSUPPORT™ can investigate a denied claim and, if necessary, provide you with the requirements for claim resubmission as communicated by the patient's insurance provider. This service can be requested on page 1 of the INSUPPORT™ Patient Enrollment Form. The patient's denied claim from the insurance provider, the Explanation of Benefits, and a copy of the denial correspondence from the patient's insurance provider are necessary to be submitted to INSUPPORT™, along with the completed Patient Enrollment Form in order for INSUPPORT™ to investigate the denied claim.

Required documents for Denied Claim Research may be submitted via the INSUPPORT™ Provider Portal.

C: Fix any errors and provide additional documentation

Provide any missing information and verify coding information. Submit a Letter of Medical Necessity, if required.

View Sample Letter of Medical Necessity

*The INSUPPORT™ Copay Assistance Program is valid ONLY for patients with private insurance who are prescribed SUBLOCADE for on‑label use. Patients with government insurance are not eligible for the Copay Assistance Program, including, but not limited to, Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DoD, TRICARE, CHAMPVA or any other federally or state funded government assisted program. Other restrictions apply.

For more information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for the INSUPPORT™ Copay Assistance Program for SUBLOCADE.

Have questions?

Receive information from a local Field Reimbursement Specialist (FRS) regarding your access and reimbursement questions.


John Doe
INSUPPORT™ Field Reimbursement Specialist
Phone: 1 (888) 888-8888
What is the difference between the J-code and the Q-code?

J and Q‑codes are HCPCS Level II codes that are assigned by CMS to report drugs and biologics. Q‑codes may be assigned and implemented on a quarterly basis while J‑codes are assigned and implemented on an annual basis.

Are insurance payers reimbursing for the Q‑codes?

Yes, in general, all payer types provide reimbursement for correct claims submitted with Q‑codes.

Payers have differing coverage criteria, but in general, provide reimbursement for correct claims submitted with Q‑codes. You should check with individual payers for specific questions.

Do I need to complete the INSUPPORT Patient Enrollment Form again to receive Claims Denial Assistance?

If the patient is already enrolled with INSUPPORT™ Hub Services, assistance with researching claim denials is included in this service and another enrollment form is not required. If the patient was not previously enrolled with INSUPPORT™ Hub Services, you and the patient will need to request this service using the Patient Enrollment Form.